Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Speed bump

I fly out in soon! We all can't wait! Its just the Adelaide Elders that are still here. We are all packed and are super excited to get out of the MTC away from the food. Its amazing Elder Hobby and I have lost six pounds here! The food is horrible it makes you sick and then you are very thankful for the industrial toilets..


then......  speed bump =(




Well right after Ty got his passport, he started his Visa application, he needed a colored copy of it. So I grabbed it and sat it on the couch while I hurried and grabbed something and came back into the room and Chipper our little dog had took a bite out of one corner of it!! I grabbed it and looked inside and only a tiny little slit was on the main page. but in a panic we went to the post office and the guy there told us that is was FINE he's seen alot worse so don't worry about getting it replaced. 



Monday he went to the Salt Lake City, Utah airport and was ready to start his travel to his new home for the next 2 years!! well we got a call from Elder Atkinson stating he was on his way back to the M.T.C. his passport wouldn't scan!!! oh my heart broke!! we were all devastated! then the oh we should've just got a new one and all those thought came flooding into my mind! well little sleep that night I got up and called the MTC travel office when it opened. They had already talked to Elder Atkinson and he went back to his room to get his damaged Passport, I got to talk to him and we talked about options. He said he would call back. about 1 hr later he called back and said that his visa might not be good anymore as it will have a different passport number!!! Oh my talk about a flash flood of tears!!! 



I felt terrible as you can imagine, so I hurried and got a I'm sorry care package put together and dropped it off at a MTC delivery store. Here is a few things I put in it. 



and a package of Jerky =)

then put the following pictures and clip art.




 Love LOVE this one!!!









Saw this Lord of the rings one on line with different missionaries so I stole it and put Elder Atkinson and his MTC elders on it!









 The following two are personal pictures with good thoughts I found on line.









Then found these pictures of Elder Atkinson and Chipper while camping last summer. 




And my favorite picture!!! poor chipper =(    (such a sad face)








and of course I can't leave out Elder Atkinson's little girl, Miss Maddux





 I called the Travel office for a update and the Sister asked the last thing I had heard. I said about how we might have to get a new visa, She said OH we have good news on that.. He can use the same visa the new passport will transfer over to it!! oh THANK YOU!! Prayers were answered! then she stated they were still waiting to hear from the Missionary Department in Salt Lake.



Then I was driving up to Alta to go to Clays ( Brother/ Middle son) Highschool Baseball Game I got a call From Elder Atkinson, He said he got a temporary assignment to the Arizona Tempe mission for 6 weeks (the length of one transfer) I was so relieved he wasn't spending the time in the MTC while we get it all figured out!! I asked when are you leaving.. He said as SOON AS I HUNG UP!! YEAH!! yet Boo!! lol I wish I could've gotten his birth certificate to him but Fed Ex here I come tomorrow =). ended the call with I love you! Happy tears this time!!



I got to Clays game and got a call from the Travel office. such a sweet sister told me of the plan and what I needed to do to get his passport going. as we talked she stated how she saw the pass port and she wouldn't think it wouldn't of scanned, and how most Elders kinda get upset when this has happened to some in the past. and went on to tell me that She was really impressed with Elder Atkinson!!! he was very polite and had the "things happen for a reason" attitude!! oh Proud MOMMA moment!!  then she stated she asked to keep him in Provo for one more day so we could get all the passport paperwork completed, but they were very persistent that he flies out TONIGHT!! and there is A REASON this happened!! he was meant to go to Arizona!! we both really feel like this is the reason all this happened (she even stated she would love to hear the reason why he was needed in Arizona so bad!!) even though we may never know the reason but I do know God knows best and this wonderful Missionary is needed there for a short time!! 



So during the baseball game I had a flight tracker app on my phone and yes I stalked my son! haha it was fun to see where he was at!! The plane arrived, we haven't got a call saying he's coming back to the MTC so that is a RELIEF!! but no call stating he arrived either... so until tomorrow when I get to call the mission office to get the paperwork going, I will cry a happy tear and know my Son is well taken care of and the Lord really does love him!!  as one of the clip art I posted above stated.. Todays trial is tomorrows testimony!!   



Love Elder Atkinson SO MUCH! and even though we wondered why him. why isn't he going to fly with his District, we are at peace knowing he is there for a reason! 



I don't know his address yet but will add it to this post when I find out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment