Sunday, July 10, 2016

....So I called him norbert. He is my friend!

 Wednesday July 6th morning was Arriver's Training on Skype

Hey Dad!
Heaps means a lot and peak is cool. It is so confusing but I figure if I start to use them it will make more sense in the long run. We are the only Elders in Darwin that don't have a car. We are biking all day everyday. Its been heaps of fun down here! But I miss Chevy's they aren't here down here. Well they sort of are but they are a different company, they go by Holden, they don't have a big verity. There aren't an old classic cars down here they are either new of ugly as. I love it here though. They people are absolutely crazy and are blunt in there dealing with each other. There is heaps of racism. We talk to heaps of people walking the streets every day. We get yelled at heaps! So we made a game out of it! Who ever get cussed at the most wins! It is very interesting to learn some aboriginal.  They defiantly are a interesting culture. I want to learn more about their lifes in tribes because when they aren't in their tribe they are kinda trashy. I love the people here heaps and im excited to keep learning! Tell my Yapa's I said Hi! Yapa's is Brothers. Tell the youth hi for me and bishop, razor, and Brother brown hi as well! Love you Heaps


Mom,
The Flag is peak! I love it and yes you put in on the right way. The small star is always on the bottom. The puppies are so cute! I love my little miss Maddie! This week has been really cool! We have met with heaps of people and I got told I have an American ascent. I never though we had an ascent but it makes sense. I love the people and the culture here in Darwin. They remember the cost of freedom heaps better than America. We went to the Darwin museum last pday. It is peak, Heaps of animals and history about the people and the culture! I am enjoying the dry season here! Im not looking forward to the wet season. It supposed to be really humid, hot, and rains heaps. It will be an adventure! The beach here is awesome! And the best part! We have a pet gecko! Well sort of... He made his way into the Flat and we cant get him out. So I called him norbert. He is my friend. I love it here and ill try and send some pics today!

love you heaps!

Funny story... after we get his emails I get another one with 4 pictures!! you can imagine my excitement!! it was the pictures of the crab looking thing (posted below) and 3 pictures I took on his camera of his jeep and Maddux and Chipper the dogs to see if it worked!! lol so only one picture from Elder Atkinson. good thing we have a great senior couple in the area that are so wonderful and takes pictures for there fb page!!
Not sure about this.. was just in an email.. crap/lobster/spider??


 (From Elder and Sister Farrer: Today we went to Safe NT so that Elder Gaastra and Elder Atkinson could get their required 'working with children cards'... closed for remodeling...they sent us to the Police Station...lines...paperwork....off to another building to finish up. Good thing we have patient Elders...today is their preparation day and I know they are anxious to be done with this and on to their free time...


 Ready to get their required working with children cards...


What?....closed for remodeling?...on to the Police Station...
 

Getting the forms...paying the fees...    

Waiting...  

 Finished here


No comments:

Post a Comment