Tuesday, October 25, 2016

I just had the 2nd longest transfer that is possible in the mission...

I just had the second longest transfer that is possible in the mission. The only way it would have been longer is if I was in Kathrine. Then I would have have a extra three hours! 

It was a fun plane ride down. All of the missionaries I flew down with sat together! We had a very fun ride talking about all kind of stuff! After the plane ride me and Elder Bravo rode our bikes around a place we have never been before waiting to drive the four hours to Madurai. The four hour drive turned into five hours because of some horrible directions and no road map... We made it to Madurai, then I met my new companion Elder Cultura! He is from the Philippians, and is in the 19 month mark in his mission. We then continued to drive the next three hours towards the middle of nowhere. 

We made it to Broken Hill just in time to make it to a tea appointment with the Elders Quorum President Pops and his wife Auntie. We had a blast! I couldnt stop laughing because he is a true bush man! He was going on about how I am going to die here because we have every poisonous snake in Australia here and every spider. The list went on and on! He is kind of a story teller. He did his best to scare me but he thought because im from Provo that I would be a city slicker. He is a interesting character but I love Pops! 

The few members here are great! At least the once I have met. Church got canceled because the wifi was down so we couldn't receive the feed to stake conference and all the church leaders were in Adelaide working. So I havent been to church in Broken hill yet!

It is absolutely Freezing here! I am going to have a horrible time my first winter back home! We have the heater on in the car and in the flat! It is crazy. I cant wait for summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment