Monday, August 29, 2016

Temples, Kangaroo, Iguana, Gecko and Snakes

Gidday y'all,
This last week was crazy but awesome! For Pday we spent the entire day with the Farrers. We went to a funeral for one of our less actives. We tied red ribbon on the windshields of all the cars and got invited to the family barbecue! It was great but I'd have to say Catholic funerals are weird as. The Jesus statues freaked me out and mother Mary's eyes follow you... It was different... So we didn't really have a Pday last week. But it's ok! We had the Elders from Katherine up in Malak this week so we split up and covered our entire area. We were able to meet a lot of our investigators and found a lot more! A lot of them are getting close! We hope to have one lady name Erica baptised in a few weeks. We have had a crazy fun week! It was district conference and the power in Alice springs went down. So we had to Skype them. And we got a call from a member in Kathrine wondering why she can stream it so we told her what happened and we said we will find a way for you and the members to listen. So we do what any teenagers would do! We duct taped the phone on the Baptismal font next to the speaker! I'll try and send a photo! So me and Elder Nelson got to sit outside and preside the meeting by watching the phone! Hope all is well back home! Love you heaps!



More to Mom: It's good to hear that Maddie is going back to her old self! She's a nut! I love her so much! Today we are going to a zoo! I can't wait to see the animals! Oh they sell kangaroo in the super market! That all the meat I'm buying for the rest of my mission! It's so good! Looking for the croc! I love it here and nobody offers a vegimite sandwich which is great! I don't want one! The milo and the tim tams are great! 
Tell clay to drive in the church car park. It might help having a clear road.  We have a lot of people getting really close! But we don't want to baptize less actives so we are making sure they know it's a life style.
Love you heaps! 



To Dad:   I wrote clay today, talked about how lucky he is to have temples so close. I hope he wraps his head around it. I miss seeing temples. I mean Darwin is literally one of the city's that are the farthest away from a temple. 
I have caught a lot of geckos and iguanas! Found a big snake, I didn't feel impressed to play with it...😁 I am going to a zoo today and I'm going to see if we can hold the crocs! I'm so excited! Don't tell mom! Hahahaha I love Darwin and the Kathrine Elders have been in Malak this week 
Oh I'm legally licensed to drive in the Northern Territory! My license has a kangaroo! Oh I found kangaroo in the super market! That all I'm going to buy for the rest of my mission! That and croc and buffalo! Hahahaha I love it here! I saw a flying fox the other day.. It was massive! I hope you have time to work on your truck! Love you heaps! Oh I heard grandpas cars almost done! I can't wait to see it! 

>>>>>don't tell mom WHAT??? oh my that son of mine! hehee <<<<<


and this is where the tears really started to roll... 

To Clay: 

Everything is fantastic! A mission is the best! Right behind driving my Jeep!😉  Tell everyone Gidday for me!

Dad told me about your Temple trip... Clay Jens Atkinson, pardon my French but you need to get a hold of what important in life. That little slip of paper is like a ticket to the celestial kingdom. You should carry it with you all the time. I know you are young and you heads wrapped around you girl friends 🙈 But I promise you that the Temple is the best place in this world that you could ever go. So find you recommend. Or get a new one. You don't know everything about the temple but I encourage you to find out more. You do that by going and reading. Clay I am currently in the largest mission in the world and I'm close to being the farthest area from a temple in the world. I miss seeing the temples. You don't know what you have until it's gone. So Clay take charge and drag the family to the temple this next month. I promise you that you will see a difference in your life and developed a love for the sacred buildings we Utahns take for granted. Love you heaps you little monkey! Ps don't tell mom but I'm going to hold a croc today!


I could write something more but his words say it all. He is a wonderful Young man and So proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment